| Making tamales de elote (corn) |
| Snack at the conference I went to. The fruit is called liches. On the inside they have a white sweet center with a big seed. |
| Maylee, the daughter of the teacher that went to the conference with me in a town called Suchitoto. |
| Brenda and her niece Daniella. This is how women here carry things, always on their heads. |
| Walking to the river to have lunch and celebrate my birthday with the kids. |
| My birthday cake that I made myself. Everyone was so surprised that I could make a cake (although it was from a box). |
| Kids at the river. |
| This is at a war museum in Perquin. This is where most of the fighting occurred during the civil war (1980-1992) and where the rebels hid. |
| Going to my friend Helen's site with the doctors. We rode up on military trucks. Her road is so crazy that the trucks couldn't make it down and we had to walk halfway down the volcano. |
No comments:
Post a Comment